Aches & pains got you down?
Monday 10 April, 2023
Here are a few tips for you to keep those joints happy in the winter:
- Keep warm. This is one simple way to keep your body in optimum condition when the cold begins to set in. Pick warm clothes and layer up to avoid your body going into shock from the dropping temperatures, which causes joints and muscles to stiffen.
- Eat more food rich in omega-3 fatty acids to lessen joint inflammation to keep stiff joints at bay. Include salmon, walnuts, flaxseeds, and avocados in your diet. Grab these fresh ingredients at Woolworths and add them to your diet for your joint and mobility health.
- Staying hydrated is crucial all year-round especially in the winter months. The dry winter air will leave you feeling more fatigued and achier from the dehydration, which will inflame your joints more. Eight glasses of water a day will help keep your joint health in check.
- Exercise is crucial for mobility, and while it may be too cold for a strenuous workout in the winter, low impact exercise will help you prevent that joint pain during the winter. Sports Lab at Kiaora Place offers specialty services in sports medicine and orthopaedics with services like massages, physiotherapy, chiropractic, and exercise programs. They will keep you and your joints in the pink of health.
- Getting checked by an expert for prolonged joint pain is also ideal, especially when the pain is hard to manage on your own. Medscan at Kiaora Place can help, offering comprehensive and interventional procedures for pain relief. Expert analysis with exceptional patient care using state-of-the-art equipment will help you understand the underlying causes of the aches and pains, ultimately lifting you to better health in the long run.